I figured since I was asking everyone to leave their thoughts on the subject, I would as well.
"God whispers in our pleasures, but shouts in our pain."
Uncle Jeff used this saying when he was talking to us about things we have learned while overseas. When we are happy and have no stress ("our pleasures"), then God whispers, meaning it's hard to hear Him because we are not focused on Him, so we rarely learn anything during that time. I mean, why would we? We are happy and all is going well, so why try to learn anything (so we think)? We forget to rely on Him.
However, in our pain, God shouts at us, meaning it can be so easy to hear Him if we just take our hand off over our ears and listen. Usually, this is the time that we finally turn to God and ask those hard questions, when we learn those hard truths, when we grow in our faith. No one truly grows in their faith until they have a reason to, until there is no other way out of the situation than to have trust and faith in God and His plans for us. It's hard, not any fun whatsoever, but can be so worth it in the end.
Just wanted to share my thoughts! Thanks for reading!
Great thoughts, honey! Also, loved the Arkansas pictures. Looks like you are enjoying your time there! :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh.... good stuff!!
ReplyDelete