Thursday, September 24, 2009

Peaceful Retreat

So, this week or so, N and I have been living at our old homesite -- Brookhaven Retreat. Our former bosses have been letting us stay in their apartment, which we have enjoyed immensely. We have been taking walks around the lake every night, seeing former co-workers, enjoying time with our former bosses (which the husband just told me that they painted the foyer a "bloody olive" color -- not sure what color that would be...). Anyways, just some pictures of where we have been living. Not the best pictures but it will give you an idea :)


On the road going around the lake. It's been rainy since we have been home, so no beautiful sunny pictures -- sorry!



Looking uphill at the motels that guests stay in. I like coming here and sitting on the porch swings outside and reading.


One of my favorite things to do when I used to work here...and before I realized that I could hurt myself trying to learn how to do a front-flip off the trapeze (although the back-flip was a cinch!).


Here is one of our former camp bosses and her beautiful adopted granddaughter from China (actually, right from the city that we were living -- small world, isn't it?!).

We just love the country!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have enjoyed your time back at Brookhaven. It is a beautiful camp! I know it holds many special memories for you and Nathan. :-)

    Thanks for posting!

    (P.S. - a couple more weeks till you find out what you are having right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Brookhaven is a very nice place to relax and just "get away from the worries & concerns of life". Glad you both are enjoying yourselves. Tomorrow and the next several days are supposed to be sunny, so enjoy that, too. See you Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful, restful place which no doubt you both are needing at this time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete