Wednesday, September 2, 2009

N's Quote of the Day

N was recently telling me everything he was excited to experience once we got back to the states, such as sleeping in a bed in an air conditioned house, seeing country scenery again, walking around the lake at camp...then one statement that I laughed so hard, I had to blog about it:

"I can't wait to listen to the radio and get an English song stuck in my head instead of a half-chinese half-english song coming from the cell phone of a chinese man in the squatty potty next to me."

Now, you may not understand why I thought that was so funny, but trust me, after you have lived here and experienced squatty potties with no doors and seeing people squat while texting or talking on their phone, reading the newspaper, or whatever else they may decide to do during that precious time, you have to find humor in situations like that :)

Oh, how cultures differ...

2 comments:

  1. Well, you tell Nate that after Sept. 5 if he goes into a public restroom here, he won't have to squat, he'll have a door on his stall, and if he hears someone's cell phone ring, I can nearly bet you it won't be someone singing in Chinese. Also, he'll have actual toilet tissue in there and SOAP and paper towels to wash his hands afterwards! YEA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! Just another of life's little things that we take for granted!

    ReplyDelete