Ok, so we really didn't move to Colorado, but it sure felt like it today! Yesterday, on my way to school, you could see little snow flurries, but nothing too much. However, throughout the day, the weather would alternate between huge flakes and ice rain. During the late evening through early morning, however, it just SNOWED! And you have to remember, we DON'T get snow here in East Texas, or at none that sticks, so this was a shock! Woke up the next morning to a white outside, with about 6 inches of snow! Today was a teacher's workday, but I had already decided not to drive the 40 minutes to school and just take the day off (they still wanted the teachers the come in 2 hours later). Luckily, about 8:30 this morning, I receive word that school has been canceled for teachers also. So, anyways, we got out about 8:00 to go play in the snow and take pictures :)! However, unfortunately, we no longer have electricity (I'm at in-laws now)...neither does my mom in Tyler, or my sister in Bullard, or my aunt in Flint, and so on! Over 20,000 people don't have electricity -- what we pay to have a little snow fun!

Our camp road covered in snow!

Couldn't believe how much snow was piled on the tree.

Where we got married. The snow makes it look like Colorado with the log buildings!

Our lake -- beautiful!

This is our house...for now!

Nate and I standing in front of the gazebo.

Pretty tree, I think :)

More pretty frozen trees!

Our white front yard!

Showing how much snow we got!

Our camp boss clearing the camp road. We are supposed to have a camp from Dallas come in tonight -- hope they still come! Just found out we have electricity again -- yeah!
It is all supposed to melt today, with temperatures being in mid-50's tomorrow, so we'll just have to wait another 5 years or so for this to happen again!
Super pretty! :) And I'm sorry... I had this hilarious mental image of a big clump of snow falling on you while you were standing under the tree, lol! ;)
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL SNOW PICTURES!!!! Love them! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt is crazy to think that y'all got just as much as we did in Arkansas! Insane!! The pictures sure are pretty!!!
ReplyDelete