Wednesday, June 3, 2009

FOOD!

Thought you might like a "taste" of our everyday eating!


Well, this picture is not a taste of our everyday eating, but I find it funny. You see, we don't go to nice restaurants too often, but this time we did, and N ordered the "salmon salad"...and only that. This is what he got...he went for noodles afterwards :)


This is siwawa. You get about ten tiny thin "torilla" wraps and pick whatever vegetables from these many plates to fill the wraps. Then, if you want, you dip it in pepper sauce, which I usually pass.


Pig feet and knuckles. There is no meat here, just skin, but it is very popular with the locals. They even were so nice as to order it for us, in which we had to eat it. Not bad, but chewing on skin is just not for me.


Pai Cai -- spicy sour vegetables. N likes, I don't. I don't really recommend anyone eat it.


Noodle dishes -- it was actually our Easter meal! It was either that or pizza...and if you know us, we will go for the noodles.


This is a tasty dish. It is (sometimes fried)rice topped with vegetables and/or meat, then wrapped in a lotus leaf. You don't eat the leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment